Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Can Do Bad All By Myself

 

Hi Beautiful People,
The title for this particular blog seems fitting as my weekend in Vegas did not quite turn out how I thought it would. I guess you could say I had my own expectations and I wasn’t prepared for what was to come. This Vegas Trip was more about spending time with Myself and reflecting on what I need to place priority in

my life. Don’t get me wrong there are perks to being single. This is not to insult those who have families. But I have the freedom to come and go as I please and I can make an immediate decision that does not affect anyone else. However, as a single woman you are still obligated to find friends that are reliable because it is “taboo” to do things on your own. Well I learned quickly that if I don’t go out on my own and explore the world myself (and I wait on someone else to experience it with me) I’m going to miss out. I’ve learned the hard way that I can’t seem to rely on other single people either unless you know for sure “they are on the same page as you”.
This Vegas trip resulted in me doing a lot of things by myself. It was originally planned with other people but when it came down to it “we all were not on the same page”. Therefore, I explored Vegas on my own!  I met a few “new” people this weekend that were really cool with great personalities.
Friday evening, Manny met me at valet upon check-in and he kept up with me throughout the whole weekend, acknowledging me as Ms. Patterson. I took time out to talk to him and get to know him as a person when he had some down time!
Saturday morning @ the Pool I met Tony a police officer from the O.C. participating in the Baker 2 Vegas Run, and his wife (cute couple). They were friendly and kept me company making great conversation, as we attempted to achieve a tan and drink $20 mimosas :). A few hours later, off to the Outlets to do damage! I had no “restraint” and as a result I am on restriction on buying anything else for the next few months. If I would have had a partner in crime someone could have talked some sense into me! But, oh well, what’s done is done. 
Saturday night, Char was my bartender/hostess at N9NE Steakhouse Restaurant and she  took care of my every need as I ate at the bar, Party of 1. Mixing and mingling at the bar was easy as everyone was friendly and inviting.
Sunday night, at RAIN nightclub I met Rochelle and Bianca who invited me to hang with them since I was clubbin solo. We took sexy pics for the paparazzi in the Club and I played big sister  for the rest of the night (making sure they didn’t get too drunk). I had a blast dancing and drinking the night away!
I guess what I’ve learned is that with every day there is room for growth. Right when I think I’ve figured it all out a lesson is learned and I am stronger for the next day! With that being said…I will be patient because I know my time will come, hence the Adventures will continue…Smooches!

My vintage throwback heels, those sucka's hurt, lol

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you look beautiful on these pics! Looks like you had a great time overall. Love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete