Monday, May 2, 2011

A Night Out with The Girls...

Hi Beautiful People,
I’ve always been told that the best way to meet people is to get out and go places. So I try to go everywhere I can without going “broke” at the same time. So of course on my three day weekend I had plenty of things to do!
Prince Concert on Saturday night –
A night out with the Girls! I was not thoroughly convinced that I should go to the Prince concert partially because I just wasn’t motivated. But the invitation from one of my girl friends (Keisha) was motivation enough! I had no plans for the night and I knew going out with the girls would be good for me and fun. I signed up to go see Prince making a rare appearance at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood. I guess I can’t complain about a concert that only cost $25. In my opinion, the best part of the night was hanging with the girls! Don’t get me wrong, the concert was great but I expected Prince to play more “classic” hits. However, the multiple encores were really cool and the man had us out til midnight. I’ve never been at a concert that kept going, and going, and going….Lol. The Forum was packed with all of Prince’s fans, however no love connection but that’s okay because that wasn’t my focus that night.
Pinky’s Napps Snapps and Curls Beauty and Barber Parlor- Play at Acme Theatre on Sunday Night-
My Girlfriend Taunya invited me out to this play in support of another friend. I almost missed the play due to my deteriorating memory (that’s a whole other storyJ). But everything worked itself out. Although I read the title of the play weeks ago I completely forgot about it and did not know what to expect! I can honestly report back to the people that the play was funny. Sidebar- I strongly encourage our community to go out and support our friends and family with local talent because you never know what hidden talents they possess. I loved the ambience at Amalfi Restaurant (next door to the theatre). This place had good food and great customer service. I think the bartender had a “crush” on us! I enjoyed a delicious late night snack: crab cakes and mac & cheese and relaxed with great company! Once again, no love connection but it’s okay because I enjoyed myself!
Monday – Relax at home and attempt to do some “work” at home on my “temperamental PC”. Maybe I can date a Geek Squad guy from Best Buy so he can fix my computer for free ;) Just a thought!
Until next time….the Adventures will continue…Smooches!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading what you have to say! I love your top as well as your hair:). God bless.

    ReplyDelete