Monday, April 4, 2011

First Date...First Impression

Hi Beautiful People,

OMG! Lets review last night's DATE NIGHT! This is why I'm so picky when it comes to dating. Remember that last blog about Nic's Martini Lounge? The one guy I met there, I tried to give him a chance. The Plan: Meet me at Olive Garden in Manhattan Beach Sunday evening. He was dressed cool, he was a gentleman and opened my door and was respectful. We had cool conversation and he paid for dinner. Ladies we all know the purpose of the 1st Date is to get to know each other. Find out if we are on the same page, have the same goals, want the same things. I know that I can't be too picky because I'm not as young as I use to be. However, I refuse to settle! I will make some exceptions but overall I have to be happy with my relationship. After hanging out for 2 hours this is the information I collected, Lets compare: I am 36, he is 27 (strike 1), I have no children, he has 2 (strike 2), I have a career, he is a personal trainer that works sometimes (strike 3). I have a car, HE HAD ME DROP HIM OFF AT HOME (down the street from Olive Garden). ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! (Please excuse my french)

TRUE OR FALSE: First Impressions are Important
My perception is that first impressions will make or break a first date (it determines if there will be a 2nd date). During the entire date we were good until he asked me to drop him off at the bus stop. I was laughing my ass off because I thought he was kidding! He asked what if a guy was in transition? In my mind, my response was - "if you are in transition you are in no position to be dating!" We walked outside and I am waiting for him to walk to HIS car, He Didn't! I let him sit in my car, I'm still waiting for him to say he's playing with me, He didn't! I start driving and I'm still waiting for him to tell me he's kidding and to stop the car, He didn't. I drove down the street to these new condo style apartments and literally dropped him off at the entrance to the gated community. I asked him was this a TEST? He said sort of and asked me why I was laughing. I became serious and stated that I've never had a guy pull this Shit on me on a FIRST DATE! He responded by extending his hand out for a hand shake and stated that he will find out soon enough if he will hear from me again! In my mind, my response was - "that would be a Hell No!" I still don't know if he really doesn't have a car or if he just wanted to save money on gas. Either way you don't put a female "You Don't Know" in that position on a First Date!

I am a simple girl: I just want you to have a cool personality, have your own place, A CAR, I can handle one kid, a cool job (self-employed hustla or regular job, no degree required),  for you to be honest and respectful and most importantly MY BEST FRIEND! Is that too much to ask????

I guess the Adventures of Single N Fabulous will continue....until next time! Smooches

7 comments:

  1. You're right about not settling. He seems like he's a good guy overall but still has some kinks to work out. Eventually he will get it together but right now, you're right about him not being in any position to date. Keep dating every wrong date gets you one step closer to the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria, that's the best advice I needed to hear right now! The Adventures will continue...because I still have faith in finding the right one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!! I think a lot of people will enjoy your dating journey. Love ya! Keep up the good work chica...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello..1st time here...I am in my early 40's divorced and i'm SURE I could tell you dating stories that would really make you shake your head....lol It really is an adventure.. I agree you should not settle...not knowing you AT ALL but you deserve the desires of your heart...IT'S IN THE BIBLE...if GOD said it...there you go

    keep on dating and living life....and when you least expect it.....love will find you....

    dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I needed that laugh!!! You just don't know how hard I am over here rolling. Girl, we need to meet for lunch or something very soon and I WILL DRIVE MY OWN CAR! LOL Seriously, we need to discuss this among other related issues because I need your take on something. Plus I haven't seen you in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I think I have a different take on this! He seemed cool, he didn't lie and front like he had everything together, he admitted he was getting it together and to a certain degree we all are.

    I really really wonder if he was testing to see if you were all about that "checklist" rather than being about the "person"". I am not saying you should settle by no means but every person with a dream, has a struggle first. What if he sold his car to finance his personal trainer business? What if stated he works "sometimes" while he is developing the next best work out plan/place/product?
    We expect men to date women with kids, so we must be open to men with kids..not open to baby mama drama and that can be present with just one child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to all of the great comments and advice and welcome to my new followers! More Adventures to come... :)

    ReplyDelete