Sunday, July 31, 2011

Matchmaking by my Girlfriends

Hey Beautiful people,

It's Sunday afternoon and I get a text message from one of my girl friends saying she found a "prospect" for me! Now of course my first reaction is that of caution because I don't do blind dates. Let's keep it real, I need to be attracted to you in some way and not knowing what you look like makes that a little difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a male model because I know that it's not going to be your "looks" that keep me interested. But most of my closest girl friends know that before you play matchmaker you need to know what kind of guy I'd most likely be interested in. Well fortunately, my girl friend (who will remain anonymous because I'm going to need her for future match making purposes, lol) picked a good one! So far we know he's almost 30. I can't ever find a man that's my age! He doesn't have any children, which is a plus, but I don't discriminate against men that do, it just depends on their situation. I also saw a picture of him and he looks like a keeper, translation -he's handsome. So now we have a conversation to see if we have anything in common. Wish me luck!

I love my girl friends because they are as much interested in marrying me off as I am. I'm not getting any younger.
It makes no damn sense why I am single right now!

Update from Essence - Option #2 - I completely forgot about a gentleman I met in New Orleans who happened to be "working" at the W Hotel. Apparently I was the assertive one in this situation. I guess that's what happens when you are on your second alcoholic beverage! ;) I completely forgot I had his business card until I was rummaging through my wallet recently. Of course I couldn't let this one get away so I text him. We've been conversing ever since and I am impressed. A man raised in New Orleans with a degree, career in the hotel industry, one child that he helps raise, close to his family and wants a family of his own! Sounds like a package deal right!

You know I'm going to keep you posted on this adventure as I continue to get to know my "new friends". I maintain my expectations of my male counterparts because I know Mr Right is out there and I refuse to settle! Smooches


No comments:

Post a Comment