Saturday, July 9, 2011

2011 Essence Festival

Hi Beautiful People!
Please believe me when I say that I loved my vacation in New Orleans, Louisiana. The 2011 Essence Festival was a great getaway!  I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t gone before. It is a great experience! Shout out to my girl April for going with me and being a great partner in crime!

We arrived Wednesday evening Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel conveniently located on Canal and Bourbon Street, and of course there was some drama! Uh oh, check-out was set for Saturday evening, WTH? ALL rooms are sold out or oversold! I called the reservation desk and fixed it “quick fast and in a hurry” check out is now on Sunday, room issue cleared up!

Thursday evening, First on the agenda - The W Hotel to mix and mingle at the bar! DJ on the 1’s and 2’s and handsome men everywhere! They were all courteous with plenty of southern hospitality. A sista didn’t have to go into her wallet once to buy a drink! Brotha’s were checking to make sure a lady was comfortable.

Thursday night – the infamous Razoo on Bourbon Street. It’s so hot and sweaty in this joint! Gotta love the attention. Love the house band that was singing all the new R&B hits LIVE! White girl in the house rapping Nicki Minaj – whaaaat? Get em girl.

Friday night – Old School concert hosted by MC Lyte with guests Big Daddy Kane and Dougie Fresh. Waited 2 hours and no performance. Really??? I can’t stand the House of Blues, I will never do “standing room only” ever again!

Concert Saturday night – made it just in time to see my favorite artist Jill Scott. I have to give it to Kanye West he can put on a show until 1:30am. He had an old school mix in the middle to highlight all the 90’s jams we listened to as teens growing up. The sound system in the Superdome was ridiculous!

Unfortunately I did not know about the artists performing Sunday night - Mary J. Blige, Trey Songz and New Edition until after I already purchased my plane ticket. Booo!
I must say, All the food was delicious! So many different places to eat!

Throughout the weekend I met gentlemen from Texas and Alabama, 2 guys from Mississippi and 2 guys from New York. It was Heaven on Earth!
Did I make a love connection? Probably not. Did I meet several nice guys? Yes, I did. Will I venture to another state to visit them? Maybe. But it’s going to take several more telephone calls before I make that type of decision. Did I enjoy myself? Hell yes. Will I be patient for the right one to come along? Yes I will. Do I have any more trips coming up? Not yet, but I have no problem occupying my time with good company and making new friends! Wish me luck!

Thank you to all my followers for all your advice and support!
The Adventures of Single N Fabulous will Continue…Smooches!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like u guys enjoyed yourself. I haven't been to the Essence in a few years, but have it on the calendar for 2012!

    http://back2relaxed.wordpress.com

    And there's a giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete