Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Girls…Who Run the World

Hey Beautiful People,

I’m baaaaack. Please understand me when I say I’m Exhausted. When I take a vacation it’s for a REASON! I love getting out and “mixing and mingling” so I can relax and meet new people. I think this is what helps me maintain my sanity. What’s happened since we last spoke…. Well of course I had to re-cooperate from New Orleans ;) That is a highly recommended trip every other year.

Jazz Fest West in San Dimas. This was my first time going and I had a BLAST! and I wasn’t even drunk! It was a great place to be and it was a big beautiful park. The weather was perfect, the people were friendly, we had good snacks and I was in good company (my twin). It was one of the most relaxing days I’ve had in a long time, just sitting and listening to the music – Leela James, Ledisi, Stevie Wonder, Eric Benet and Boney James. I definitely have to make this an annual event especially since I got a TAN, lol.

Caroline’s All White Birthday Party
Leave it to one of my girl Caroline (bday girl in red) to rent out the Rooftop Pool at the Thompson Hotel, Beverly Hills to throw a birthday party! Great minds think alike! It was a great idea, a great party and a beautiful venue. For once my twin sis was available to go with me as that is my official “partner in crime”. You know we had to represent! Now mind you I was doing some last minute shopping because Resheda has been working like a slave but I think I pulled it off. I need to find some more boutique shops so I can have a “white outfit” on standby (kind of like the little black dress). Every woman should have one! I had one good evening before I had to get back to working Overtime!
I think that my workaholic like hours and what I do for a living may be the reason as to why I am at a disadvantage on the dating scene. Once my work schedule permits I’m going to look into attending a few mixers through BlackNLa or go to a Lock and Key party. I definitely have to look into expanding some of my summer activities. Coming soon…Long Beach Jazz Festival in August…oh lord. I already know what to expect…pure ghettofabulousness! I love my people! There will be a straight fashion show on Crenshaw and Slauson walkways at Lagoon Park Sunday, lmao. See you there!

Still no love connections but every weekend is an Adventure!
Talk to you soon! Smooches

**Sidebar – Please forgive me if I do not respond to your Comments but I’ve been trying to fix this issue and I still haven’t figured out what the problem is but I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Love the white & taupe combo....absolutely
    fabulous!

    Miss Fancy
    Bringing you all that is Fancy
    ohyoufancyblog@gmail.com
    http://ohyoufancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete