Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Pursuit of Happyness


Hi Beautiful People,
 
If you've seen the movie then you know I purposefully spelled Happyness wrong in the title, I just thought it was fitting for the topic at hand!
 
It's Official...I Quit My Job!
I was so Over It !

Me and my Twin Sis at the Playboy Jazz Festival
 
It finally came time for me to move on to bigger and better things! After testing out a new position at my job and things not working out in "my best interest" I came to the conclusion that this was not the position for me. I weighed the pros and cons and came to  the conclusion that the new position did not contribute to my plan towards my career in the future.
 
I decided I could no longer continue to let anyone else make decisions regarding MY future! So I resigned from my job and "stepped out on faith". It was very hard and I went through a range of emotions - from fear of what was to come...to anxiety on what I would do next. I already had 1 job lined up but then I received a call from another job, right on time!
 
I ultimately concluded that I just couldn't continue to sacrifice my personal life and my personal goals to satisfy "a county entity" that just views me as "expendable".  So the next step was for me to either "make moves" or stay stagnant in my career. I choose to take back control and only sacrifice what is "necessary" until I reach my ultimate goal. So in the end, I got my life back - I get to spend time with my family during daylight hours (no more team Edward, lol) and I get creative control of my schedule and most importantly I'm Happy!When I left it felt like a weight had been lifted. I FEEL so much BETTER! I can't wait to start my new career adventure in the next couple of weeks...to be continued.

I've received a lot of positive responses from my co-workers at my job and after 8 years of dedication I hope I have inspired others to pursue their passion and not let any JOB take away their HAPPYNESS...it's not Worth It!

If you can't tell I LOVE my new yellow snakeskin Cape!!
 
It's unfortunate but I have been reduced to taking pictures of myself in the mirror as no one is as enthusiastic as I am to take a picture of ME to help me out with my Blog (namely my sister Keesha, LOL). I had to put her on Blast...she's so tired of me asking...but that's okay I'm going to have to get more creative with my Photo Ops!
 
Seeing that I have nothing else better to do...because I'm in-between Jobs, LOL. I've attended the Playboy Jazz Festival, hung out at the Citadel Outlets, went to the LA LIVE BET Experience and anything else I could possibly think of since I now have all this free time on my hands. I think I may have had 1 day where I was at home "doing nothing". I'm Baaaaaack...my social life is back in full swing and I can't wait to take advantage of all the upcoming summer activities!


Well it's that time again and I'm preparing to go to the Essence Festival in New Orleans, as this is what I LOVE to do every other year!

Dresses - Check
Sandals - Check
Sunglasses - Check
Hotel & Airfare - Check
Curly Weave - Double Check
About to get into some Shenanigans - Hell Yeah!!

 
 
 
The Adventures of SingleNFabulous are about to get Turnt Up in
New Orleans 
on 4th of July Weekend!!

Stay Tuned...Smooches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment