Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Observations

Hey Beautiful People,
Sisters 4 Life!!!
Although it's been 2 weeks since I returned from The Essence Festival... I have to give you my own personal annoying experience on United Airlines!!! I just can't let it go. I need people to be aware of stupid shit people do on the plane. If this is you...Get It Together!!

#1 - Your seat is way in the back...Don't get up and stand in the aisle once the plane stops and block everyone...where are you going...nowhere...sit down until it's your turn. Have some consideration.

#2 - Don't try and leave the plane before other people who are seated in front of you...that is so annoying...once again sit your ass down and wait your turn. Use your common sense.

Consistently NOT following instructions!

#3 - Taking the seatbelt off while the plane is still moving, Really? You must not care about your safety!

#4 - There are pictures on the overhead compartment on how to stow your bag, to make it easy for you...and the passengers still can't get it right!

The United Airlines flight attendants were useless. There were passengers struggling to put their bags in the overhead bin.  The already existing bags weren't stowed correctly and they didn't even bother to correct them in an effort to fix the problem. Only towards the end did they start helping the passengers. I was extremely disappointed with their lack of customer service.

#5 - Major Pet Peeve - Why you All up in MY space. If I can feel you on my backpack...you just might catch an elbow playing me too close!

#6 - Last but not Least - Asking other passengers to switch seats because you messed up your own seat assignment (not my damn problem).

Like my twin sister says - I need my own private jet because I really don't like People...
No really I don't...Lol, too many people and not enough Common Sense!


On a more positive note I am happy to report that I had a Great 1st Week at my New Job!! Unfortunately, I have the hardest time getting up in the morning...yeah, yeah you already know why...

but I can't complain because I finally got My Life Back and just in time to Celebrate my girl Jackie's "Star" Birthday Friday night @ La Vida Lounge in Hollywood.

Sidebar - Jackie is the one who gave me the nickname "Glamour Girl" when I first started working for LA County and its stuck with me ever since!!!

Truth be told I was debating (with myself, of course) about whether I wanted to go or not...I'm getting old you guys, Lol. I always make big plans to go out and but when it gets down to it I get lazy and I don't want to go through the "glam gyrl process". But I'm so glad I pulled it together because Jackie always has THE BEST Birthday Parties and so I knew deep down I couldn't miss it! As quickly as I talked myself out of going, I talked myself back into going. Helloooo...I don't work nights or weekends anymore and I had a dress in the closet waiting to be worn! There was no reason for me not to go!

Although I was having a Great time with the Birthday Girl & Friends..."Bi*!€h Don't Kill My Vibe" is what I wanted to Yell across the Club when I saw another female (that I happened to know) with my exact same dress on. Now don't get me wrong I am fully aware that this may happen sometimes so I have no problem about being a good sport. Because I knew the girl, I went up to her and tapped her to get her attention, but she reacted like I was the plague and literally ran in the opposite Direction! Really??? Whether we are side by side or located in two different areas in the Club, "we still have on the same dress " and people have already noticed and will point it out to you! All I know is that I bet not run into her ass in the future...I will act like I don't know her...and then watch her face crack!! I can be an Asshole sometimes I just never get the chance to, that often and so I'm looking forward to it! (insert evil laugh, Lol)

Friday night was Fun but Saturday I had to prepare for Sunday's JazzFest West Music Festival. Togo's lunch boxes - check, El Pollo Loco chicken -check, pasta, Hawaiian bread, salad, dessert and fruit - check and Stella Rosa Red Wine and Moscato hidden at the bottom of the cooler - check! The weather was great, no scorching sun or rain. I actually got up at 7am because I went to bed early the night before (you should be proud of me, lol). We arrived to the Festival early and got a great seat right in the middle of all the excitement. I hung with family and friends and had a great relaxing time at the jazz festival.
 
My #1 partner in crime Timi was at the Jazz Festival and as we were conversing she made a very good observation. Timi asked me, "How many guys have tried to talk to you at the festival today?" I told her "not one...but zero"!!! She explained that not one thing had changed about me since we returned from New Orleans...my hair (curly weave :) was the same, I had on a cute dress and my personality is always a friendly demeanor. There were several opportunities when we would pass in front of a group of men and there was no backwards glance, no greeting, nothing! It didn't even occur to me until she said something. See this is the shit I'm talking about when living in L.A.  You would have thought this would have been the perfect opportunity for me to meet someone...but no such luck. I don't get it!!! This is why I always look forward to going to the Essence Festival so much...the men out there show nothin but love for the women!! I really think I need to contemplate moving!!!

Speaking of moving...I've been in contact with my new friend in Germany! Now seeing that we are both Essence veterans you would think that we both are aware of the cardinal rule to the Essence Festival...and that is, once we leave New Orleans there is no more contact with one another. I really did not think that I would talk to him again because he's a continent away, LOL. You never have any high expectations coming away from the Essence Festival because everyone is coming out to do one thing...and that's to have a good time. We are all from different states, we exchange numbers, meet up at the local parties, get to know each other, have a great time and then part our separate ways. Unless there was some kind of love connection...what happens in Essence normally stays in Essence. But surprisingly I got a text message from him which has led to a few email exchanges...Whaaat?? I'm not going to get my hopes up but my younger cousin Jazmine did ask "what's wrong with going to London?" Hmmmm, I do have my passport!!! Baby steps...lets see how the email exchanges go!
In the meantime...since no one has put a ring on it,
it looks like the Adventures of SingleNFabulous Must Go On!
More Jazz Festivals and Fun Events Coming Up!
Stay Tuned Fab Followers...Smooches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment