Friday, November 9, 2012

Don't take your Mental Health for Granted...

Hi Beautiful People,

I wrote this Blog at 7am because I couldn't sleep. I've recently come to the realization that you are only a victim as long as you choose to be (this does not apply to all situations, i.e. domestic violence, criminal acts, etc.) If you have control over your life and can make decisions for yourself then you have all the POWER to do what is best for you.

Happy Birthday Taunya!
Too often do we put the needs of ourselves on the back burner and put the needs of others first. This can easily be relevant in our day to day work environment, personal relationships and interactions with family and friends. But what we don't realize is that if YOU are not healthy-mentally, emotionally or physically - you are in no position to HELP anyone else!

Reflecting back on Me - I think it's safe to say that I've always consider myself a strong person. My mom and dad have always taught me to say what's on my mind (respectfully), fight for my rights (personal and political), try not to let anyone take advantage of me and take care of myself first. Well these principles are not always easy to live by.

It came to a point where I was very unhappy in my day to day life and it began to take a toll on me emotionally and physically. When my sisters said "We need an Intervention for Resheda" I knew I had a problem, Lol. At this point I knew I had let things get out of my control. So now I've decided to be proactive rather than reactive. It is very easy to complain about something but if you fail to do anything about it you are just as guilty of allowing yourself to continue in that situation.

If you want something you have to pursue it (short of stalking someone...ppl).
If you have dreams you need to do the research on how to achieve it.
If you have a goal (short or long term) you need to figure out how to reach it.

I've always known that nothing is ever handed to us and "with no struggle, there is no progress", however I recently learned that if we continue to be "content" in our current situation it will continue to be that....our only option.

I finally became tired of being taken advantage of and have come to the conclusion that if I'm going to make things happen in my life I have to be assertive and do it MY WAY, lol.

I tried it your way and that shit ain't working for me anymore! Good advice from a Good friend (thanks Taunya) I'm doing what's in the best interest of ME and I'm doing it Stress Free!

So now I have this rare opportunity to get the ball rolling on my own personal projects in a short amount of "stress free time" that has been given to me...and I thank The Lord that he's given me this opportunity....as I believe everything happens for a reason.

So let the Games begin....No Excuses!
SingleNFabulous is STILL Single...and on a New Mission

P.S. - My latest Adventures have included local Sports Bar, Sunday Brunch, Church, The Taste of Soul, Taunya's 40th Birthday Party and still no such luck in the Dating Department... Although there might be this 1 particular guy with potential in my future....To Be Continued.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment