Monday, June 4, 2012

All Dressed Up with Nowhere to Go

Hey Beautiful People,

I'm soooooooo frustrated over my Memorial Day weekend.

I came off of a rough work week and my Saturday night ended with me taking someone's kid to foster care.... I needed a drink and my 2 step.

So I admit, I decided to try and go to an ALL White Party at the last minute because I didn't want to have a 3 day weekend to go to waste.

Unfortunately, I didn't go see my Stylist this week and my hair wasn't done because I was suppose to be going to the gym (i'm still working on that part :) So I was going to have to create a miracle with these blonde/brown tresses!

Sunday morning: I dragged my sister into this mess and convinced her WE needed to go out to celebrate the Weekend.

1st on my Agenda -  I found a dress at my favorite spot Philthy Ragz...where you can never go wrong!

Then, I hit up my homeboy and told him I was going to swing through to the Geisha House in Hollywood focused on having a good time because its been awhile.

Sunday Afternoon: My sis and I went to the mall looking for a white blazer for her and accessories.

Sunday night: Faces were "beat" as usual...and We were fashionably late as usual..what did you expect ;)

Outside the Geisha House, no line? (red flag)......Paid $20......Get inside and it's a small room with a crowd of people.....Really is this it? So I found out there is another room in the Club but it just hasn't opened up yet. But after looking at this crowd of people it just wasn't "my cup of tea".

First of all, Why do you invite people to an All White Party and not enforce the dress code??? If this was the case I would have worn whatever the hell I had in the closet. Second, why are there always more girls then guys. Third, did you even look at who you invited to this party...any and everybody???

I'm sorry but I openly admit that I have bougie tendencies! If I wanted to go to a hood party I would have hit up a house party, there is a time and a place for everything. But when I'm dressed to the 9's and trying to find a husband I'm trying to go Upscale. Well apparently I wasn't in the right place because my sister and I left within the first 20 minutes as it wasn't our type of crowd. I was so disappointed and had to inform my homeboy that my expectations were much different that what he was promoting.  He normally has a good track record :(

We then tried to go to another destination Jon B Live at the Conga Room but I was told there were way too many women there too! Another failed mission.

We were All Dressed Up with nowhere to go...it was such a disappointment.

Home was my final destination.

I'm so sad that I wasn't in Las Vegas with my boys Dana and Kasey :( now THEY know how to party!
 
So now I'm planning my vacations way in advance! Labor Day weekend I will not be at work. My vacation is being planned now! For the upcoming Jazz Festivals I will be buying my tickets in advance! I will never deal with this situation again! I Definitely need to find another job ASAP, these hours are ruining my social life!


Speaking of Social Life.....I met a guy at the gas station by accident.

Okay here's the quick version:

I was working in Long Beach Friday night and was trying to get some gas.
He asked me for directions to Lakewood Mall, I helped him out

He mentioned he was from NY just bought a house in Signal Hill and just moved out here to play for the Clippers...whaaaaat?

Oh Lord, please don't set me up again!
I said he looked a little short to be playing for the Clippers (i was clownin)

He got the joke and stated he was a point guard (ummmmmmm hmmmmmm).

He mentioned he wanted to go shopping to pick up a few pieces from Gucci and Armani so I redirected him to South Coast Plaza.

He thanked me for taking the time out to help a brotha out and offered to take me to lunch.
We exchanged numbers... Not bad huh?.....he seemed cool.

I will keep you posted on any future activities with this one. I haven't confirmed the Clipper status yet so I will let you know when I obtain additional information. Seeing that the season is over he may be on the roster for 2013, we will see???


Until next time...The Adventures of Single and Fabulous must go on...Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment